Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Art Journaling fun

I get together once a month with a group of ladies for a altered book round robin.
Here is one of the books that I worked on.

I did 2 separate spreads.
Her book theme was lettering or type.
So, anything with interesting fonts, words or letters was acceptable for this book.
On this spread I created two doors that opened with secret compartments and messages.

These are so much fun to work on. 
It can be a challenge to work in a theme that is something you might not have chosen on your own but it really stretches you as an artist.  I've seen everybody's art improve after working in these books for a year. 

2 comments:

Diana Evans said...

oh these are fantastic!!! you always make my day with your inspiring work Debbie!!!!

Have a wonderful and creative day!!!

designingfairy said...

Like these journals especially the vintagey feel and pop up surprises.