Saturday, October 10, 2009

More altered Book fun

I really love the challenge of working on altered book round robins

Each month you get a new book to work on
with it's own theme
and you must try to create something special
in the theme of the book. 


The book that I'm showing is one that I worked on for a garden book theme.
 I thought that it would be fun to make the pages look like a giant cabbage rose.
 So, I added decorative paper and cardstock in a layered fashion
to give the pages dimension and make it look as if it was growing right out of the book.


My original intention was to make it a pop-up page
and to have the face  (that you see on the page to the right) be in the center of the cabbage rose.  I wanted it to fold to the side as the pages closed. 


I just couldn't figure out how to make what was in my head come to life
so, I added this element to the following page.
 I ended up embellishing everything with fun little doodads and sequins, for a little pazzaz

So, there are my little cabbage rose, altered book pages.
Hope it inspires you to give this fun medium a try!!

I teach altered book and creative journaling classes and workshops in the Chicago area.
 You can check out my website for my class schedule at http://www.thebeatofmyart.com/

10 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

wow..this is simply gorgeous..I totally LOVE visiting your blog :)
TFS!!!

sherry ♥ lee said...

What a wonderfully creative idea to make a cabbage rose -- so much more inspired than a pop up page. The whole idea has me smiling!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh wow... that is fabulous - such a wonderful creation
Alison

Diana Evans said...

This is so amazing Debbie!!! wow!!! I love the pages that look like petals...you are so clever and creative!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You are ever so talented!

Aima Kessy said...

wow these are greatttt...love them! :))

Annette Q said...

Wow, i never seen a book like it...its so pretty! I feel inspired now ;-)

The Decorated House said...

Hi~
I'm so sorry I missed seeing this in time to watch you on HGTV. I thought all those episodes were old reruns. But they do show them all again, so I hope I catch it next time.

The book is fabulous!
Donna

Amisha said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous book!

Renee said...

Debbie it is so beautiful. Your talent is amazing.

By the way none of the art on my blog is done by me. I just do the writing.

Love Renee xoxo