Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kreative Blogger Award


I received a lovely Kreative Blogger award from sweet Shonna of Twisted Figures blog. Thank you Shonna for sharing this award. In accepting this award I am to share 7 things about myself and pass the award on but I would like to offer this award to all of my blog friends. I find you all to be so wonderfully creative. I've done this several times in the past but it's always fun to list a few more things to let you in on who I am.


So here are another 7 things about me that you might not already know.


1. One of my favorite indulgences is fresh ricotta cheese.
 I just had some this week and it was soooo delightlfully devine!
It's incredibly delicious
and especially sweet when it comes fresh from a good Italian deli.


2. Hey! When I was 4, I quit preschool. 
Can you believe it? 
In my litttle 4 year old mind, I didn't think I needed to go to school.
 Well, my Mom just thought it was the funniest thing that I would want to quit preschool.
So, she said to me, in her italian accent, "Yeah you quit!"
So I did,
 I quit!!!! 
Then after a few months of sheer bliss and freedom,
I was informed that it was going to be time for me to go to kindergarten.
Well, since I quit preschool
I thought I had a choice in the matter and
 I decided that I didn't need to go to kindergarten either.
No thanks
But
 the fact of the matter was that I  really didn't have a choice.
and when I learned the truth,
I was shocked and thought
 NO WAY!!
 I'm not going to do this again.
 Preschool was enough !!
 It's not for me Mom!
Oh, but I ended going just like everyone else
and I paid my dues and I tolerated school for quite a number of years.
And guess what?
Now I teach.


3.  I speak three languages.

4. I think in English.
I mostly dream in English
 but on a rare occassion I will speak Italian in a dream.


5. I can never dial the number correctly when I dream about making a phone call.
I always press the wrong button or two buttons at a time.
It just never works.

6. So my parents speak broken English
 and many words were pronounced a bit differently in our home as we were growing up.
I always thought that it was correct to say
 garbitch and sangwitch.
For instance,
when I was a kid,
I would use those two words in a sentence like this;
"I'm gonna take out the garbitch
after I eat this delicious ham sangwitch."


7. When we were growing up,
my Mom made my brother red patent leather curtains, pillows and a red patent leather bed spread for his room.
We all thought that was completely normal!!
As years went by
I thought she got rid of all of the shiny red bedroom accessories
 but while we were gone ( I was in college and my brother moved out)
she whipped out that flashy bedroom ensemble and displayed it in my brothers old room.
I was home for a weekend from college and my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, stayed at my parents late one night.
 I said to him, "You can sleep in my brothers room."
I walked him upstairs, pushed him into the room and I turned on the light.
When he saw all the red patent leather everywhere,
he said, "Oh no, I don't think I can sleep in this room!!!
 I'm going back to the couch!!"
I think it scared him.
I wonder what all that red patent leather did to my poor brother? ;)
See, having foreign parents really made life interesting and unique
 and we thought everyone grew up with patent leather bedding and pillows.

6 comments:

Renee said...

I love this post, you had me laughing my head off.

Love Renee xoxo

Gypsy Purple said...

Loved this!!!!!

sherry ♥ lee said...

LOL Debbie!! I loved this...think I'll go have a sangwitch now!!! ;)

Laura said...

I agree with the others on your 7 things - how fun! Also, just wanted to let you know that I received your beautiful postcards last week & mailed a few to friends - I loved them and so did they!!! Thanks again sweets! :)

{hugs}

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

How funny!
What is up with the wrong phone # dream? A dreamologist would make something big out of that!

somepinkflowers said...

♥♥♥ to the fresh ricotta cheese!

:-)

i could eat it like ice*cream
and i am not even Italian!

{{ when i opened up the most recent edition of WWC,
i looked for you
but i guess
that would have been 2 quick
a publishing turnaround.
R U in the next one? }}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...