Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fabulous Kim Parker's fashions for the home

I was sitting in front of my computer thinking about flowers and how beautifully delicate they are.



Thinking about how much I love all flowers, 



how different and lovely they all are,
how they smell so sweet
how the petals feel so velvety and soft
and shimmery in the light. 



Then in mid thought,
 I looked up
and noticed a Kim Parker print that I have hanging on the wall
above my computer.



 I wonder if this image subconsciously inspired my flowery thoughts.




 Well, once I looked at the print,
my mind went down the Kim Parker path.




 Her botanical designs are very lyrical and beautifully composed.



 They are a delight
and so very rich and complex
yet simple and fresh at the same time.


 She is
as lovely a person
 as are
her magical creations. 



Several years ago,
I had an opportunity to work with Kim
 on a make-over project.
I can't tell you what a truly darling person she is
and how wonderful it was to collaborate with her.



So here is my little tribute
to a talented,
 delightful
and
down-to-earth
artist!




 Please go visit Miss Kim's website




You can do so by clicking on the link below. 



Enjoy the flowery fun!

9 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Love the flowers designs...full of life!

Jen R. said...

I love Kim! I have several of her prints! She is so talented!

Alison Gibbs said...

Such wonderful photos I am off to check out Kim's site now
Alison

Diane Duda said...

PRETTY!

rochambeau said...

Kim Parker's a cool one Debbie!
Thank you for the introduction!!

Happy day to you~
xox
Constance

julie Haymaker thompson said...

OMG Thanks for featuring her I love that rug I love it all

Laura said...

Hi Debbie!! Oh how whimsical and beautiful her work is! Thanks for the introduction :>

Laura
xo

julie king said...

gorgeous flowers -- down to earth artist? i'm wondering if that was an unintentional pun? or maybe on purpose? either way, i so enjoyed this. her work is stunning and makes me smile.

dec0r8or said...

So pretty! I'll head over to see her now!