Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where Women Create Magazine: Came for a visit to my studio

I have some very exciting news to share!!

I was privileged to have Jo Packham of
"Where Women Create" magazine
over to my home studio for a photo shoot.


She arrived at my home Monday morning with her sweet friend Gina and fabulous photographer Dana Waldon. As soon as they walked in the door I felt as if I had known them for years. I tell you what, there are just some people that you feel such a familiarity and comfort with immediately. That’s how it was with Jo, Dana and Gina. Maybe it’s because we are all creative souls and somehow, us right brained people, seem to connect on another level. Well, I’ve always said that I think artists must be related in some way or maybe we come from the same constellation. Anyway, I had such a wonderful morning and afterwards, we took a quick trip to a beautiful Chocolate shop in downtown Naperville. What a lovely day and a wonderful memory. I’m not sure when my story will be featured in this beautiful magazine but I’ll post the information as I receive it. If you get a chance, go check out the inspiring studios that are featured in Where Women Create. This gorgeous publication features the studios of many different artists, charming businesses run by women, each woman’s story and loads and loads of beautifully delicious eye candy. You can find Where Women Create Magazine locally at Borders, Barnes and Noble, JoAnne fabrics, Michaels or click on the magazine images above and it will take you to the on line site where you can subscribe to this fabulous treasure.


There I am in my studio working on an illustration during our shoot.


Afterwards, we sat down for some breakfast and




beautifully delicious cupcakes from a local French pastry shop.




Yummy!!

They seemed to make everyone very happy!!!





Well, as you can see, I had a fabulous day!



Thanks so much for stopping by!

17 comments:

sherry ♥ lee said...

I knew Jo was in your area shooting studio photographs for a new issue...didn't know she was with you!!! How fabulous!!! Can't wait to see the issue featuring YOU!!! ♥

Jen R. said...

Congrats to you Debbie! That is awesome news! What shop did you get those cupcakes from??? They look awesome!

Roberta Baird said...

This is so neat... I can hardly wait to find this issue. It's also nice to finally see the face behind your lovely work! Bravo!

nessadee said...

How exciting!! I love that your studio has the same look and feel of your artwork! I'm going to look for the issue now!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and the lovely comments!

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks Sherry! I was very fortunate to have been one of the few studios she shot here in Chicago. It was so fun to get to meet Jo. She had done regular freelance work for the magazines I used to work for. Never had the chance to meet her before.

Hi Jen, thanks! The cupcakes were from "French Cakes Patisserie" They have the most delicious croissants! Yummy!

Hi Roberta, The cat is out of the bag. Now everyone will know who I am.;) You can actually see a better picture of me on my website. I'm not hiding, I promise. Thanks so much for stopping by my friend!

Hi Nessadee, Yeah, I guess I din't realize that my surroundings match my art. How funny! Thanks for saying hello. Bye girls!

rochambeau said...

Oh Happy Day!!!!

xox
Constance

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Congrats!
That looks like it was to much fun... and a little exciting too.

Alison Gibbs said...

How exciting and what a fun time you have had
Alison

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I am SCREEEEEEEMMMMMMING right now!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how absolutely wonderful!! You can hear me from Jersey I'm sure!!! This is like the best new Debbie! I will now do the happy dance. Go Debbie it's your special day, Go Debbie it's your special day! I am so proud of you Little lady how awesome is this???? You should be dancing on the ceiling right now. I will be sure to go out and get me a copy as soon as it's released. Oh girly you should be so proud of yourself and anyone that's not happy for you and jumping up and down is just mad because they want it to be them! You have done all the hard work that has brought you to this wonderful place so please ENJOY every single delicious and glorious moment of it! You deserve this and more.
Blessings on you! You talented woman you!

Diana Evans said...

oh how WONDERFUL!!!! I am so excited for you...this is so neat!!! I can't wait to see it all in print!!!

Hugs
Diana

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a thrill !! I am so happy for you...what a neat experience...can't wait to see it all in print !!

ValGalArt said...

hOW AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS :)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thanks for stopping in and visiting my post on spray painted flowers. Congratulations on being featured in a magazine.

bookbabie said...

How exciting, I have to admit I don't know about that magazine but I'm going to look it up right now! I think you're right, creative people are their own breed which can make us feel like outsiders at times especially...if we're the only artsy-farty types in our family;)

Valerie Lorimer said...

Deb!!!!! This is SO cool! I just bought the current issue yesterday. I love the magazine. Will you be in the next issue? Congratulations dear!

noodle and lou said...

wooohooooo Debbie!! i'm doing a huge happy dance for awesome you!! xoxo

julie king said...

oh congrats! what wonderful fun!! so nice to see you in these photos!