Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Old things, New things

I love how fashions and styles change yet remain the same.
This Posh Vintage dress from the 70's is one of my favorite finds.
I'd wear this beautifully designed dress to any party.


Well, I know it's the middle of summer



but the stores are starting to show their autumn fashion selections right?
And this Posh Vintage 1970's sweater from Yves Saint Laurent
would be the coolest thing to keep you warm this fall.




Okay! So, here's a cute number that's still perfect for the summer.
It's also a Posh Vintage find.
I just love this fresh little white and black 1950's dress by Ceil Chapman.
The black bow makes a charming statement and accents this dress perfectly.
What a fun summer party dress!



So, speaking of vintage items,
I was digging around in my jewelry box the other day
and I found a pair of earrings that my grandmother left me.
I've had them stored in a box for years
and never once wore them.
I finally decided that it was time to put them on.





then I remembered that my other grandmother left me a beautiful necklace and charms
that I'd never worn either.


I wanted to see how they would look with the new fancy shirt that I bought.



I love the delicate design of these charms.
Well, I think they went perfectly with my new outfit and my new black shoes.




These sweet shoes remind me of something Olive Oil would have worn.
Am I right about that or did she wear boots?
Maybe it was Minnie Mouse that wore this style of shoes.
Anyway, they are the cutest, most comfortable little cartoony shoes that I own.
I bought them at a darling shop called Panache in Saint Charles, IL.
If you are in the area, you must find the time to visit her lovely little shop.

Hope you enjoyed this visit down vintage lane.

8 comments:

Valerie Lorimer said...

Oooh...there is something just so delicious about black - and black and white together. Love these items! They're all gorgeous. By the way, did you get my email?

sherry ♥ lee said...

Fashion constantly evolves and revolves and your vintage discoveries are perfect now or then or any time in between.

The jewelry is beautiful...and it's interesting that you are choosing to wear these pieces now...something must have "called" to you...they look awesome with that top and I'm sure you have other items where they will work.

Cute shoes!!!!!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Be still my little heart!!! I enjoyed every, and I do mean every single piece!!!! Oh such deliciousness everywhere. The black dress is divine. Thanks so much for sharing.

NANCY LEFKO said...

I love the fashion and home decor photos you post...thanks for sharing !! Hope you've been having a great summer :)

Ronni said...

Hi Debbie! So nice to hear from you and have a blog visit. I haven't been very active on my blog lately either. Too much going on. How's it going?

I personally love the 50s dress Gorgeous, simple design and I've always loved black and white. Classy, classy.

ValGalArt said...

i enjoyed this stroll very much! you look so cute in your necklace and shoes :)

Jen R. said...

Love that dress. your necklace is just lovely!

Alison Gibbs said...

Fashion just goes round and round. What gorgeous dresses you have shown us.
Alison