Thursday, June 12, 2008

Altered Book and Transfer Classes at The Beat of My Art


Sign up for one of my classes and discover the Beat of your Art

Enjoy semi-private instruction in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
You'll learn many wonderful techniques to enhance your artistic expressions.

Adult 4 week classes
........................



Altered Books I4 week class



(Learn how to transform an old book or a plain journal into a wonderful work of art using various mixed media techniques)
Give an old book a new life. In this class, you will learn many collage and mixed media techniques to help you transform a plain old book or journal into a fabulous interactive work of art.
This is a very FUN artform!!
Wednesdays June 18-July 9
6:30-9:00pm

........................

Altered Book II
4 Week Class



Join us for advanced techniques in transforming a plain book into a wonderful altered work of art. We will be adding pages, cutting windows, fashioning pockets and creating books with drawers and many other exciting hidden treasures
Wednesdays July 16-August 6
6:30-9:00pm

........................

Transparent Illusions With Transfer Techniques
4 week Class

Learn a variety of easy transfer techniques and add interest and depth to your art. Each week we will explore new surfaces and methods of transferring images. Gain knowledge in how to create beautiful transparent illusions and leave with an understanding of how to enhance your existing works of art with these wonderful techniques.
Thursdays August 7-28
6:30-9:00pm

........................


OneDay Workshop Schedule

Altered Book IOne Day Workshop



Join us for a one day, 3 hour intensive workshop.
Where we will share techniques to get you started on creating a wonderful altered work of art.
Sunday June 22
12pm-3pm


...................


Altered Boook II
One Day WorkShop


Join us for a one day, 3 hour intensive workshop and learn advanced techniques in Altered books.
Sunday July 13
1pm-4pm

...................

Please visit
for more class information

6 comments:

Diana Evans said...

wow Debbie...the altered book is amazing...what fun! I love the lady ...very cool work...

NANCY LEFKO said...

ohhhh...that I lived closer.

it all sounds wonderful....the art school in our town has not started to offer anything in the way of collage/mixed-media/altered art....

have a GREAT time !!! I know your students will :)

Jenn said...

What amazing classes Debbie!!
I just can't wait to visit your shop:) Looks like we are concentrating our search for a rental house or townhouse to Naperville!! We'll be living there by August 1! yipppeee:) If you see any fabulous little places (with or without a striped roof;)) give me a shout:):):)

Happy weekend to you!! xoxo...jenn

Laura said...

Oh my, I wish I lived in your area Debbie - what fabulous workshops, wow!! I've been asked to consider teaching some mixed media classes in the town we just moved too. I may shoot you an email and pick your brain on a few details, hope that's ok.

P.S. I've recently tagged you :)

somepinkflowers said...

if i did not live
$2000 worth of gas
so far south here,

i would take ALL these classes,
i would.

:-)

so instead,
i will just garden,
swim in the sea,
and work
on my **exploding** photo collection
and WANT to go to ALL these,
your wonderful classes.

{{ not only that,
i would WANT to transform my hair style
into that glamorous bee-hive curl one
like the the lady in your amazing book.

i might actually try that...
will get back to you... }}

kim said...

I wish I was closer so that I could join. this looks like fun!