Saturday, April 19, 2008

IF: Primitive





I will share with you the story of the little life form that I discoverd in my shop.















One day, I went to water the plants in my shop and I noticed some funny little thing moving around in the dirt.







It looked to me to be some sort of primitive life form.







As I got closer to get a better look, the little creature hid itself and began trembling. Not wanting to scare the poor little thing, I went off to water my other ivy plants in the hallway.





Well by the time I got to the hallway that little creature had made its way there as well. It had nestled itself in my plant as if wanting to play hide and seek.






The little creature didn't seem all that timid any more. It let me get a pretty close look without hiding. It was so cute! I wanted to just sit there and look at it all day but I had to get back to work. So, I decided to leave the plant watering for later and set up a little jewelry vignette for the shop. I placed a petite bird cage on top of a soft bed of moss. I thought it would be fun to display some dangling jewelry from the wire on the cage. So, off I went to get the rest of my things.







Well, what do you know?! When I returned, my new little friend suddenly appeared right in the middle of my vignette. It seemed like this little guy now just wanted to follow me around the shop. I thought that it would be a good idea to let it just get comfortable in this new environment. So I bent down and told that cute little creature to make itself at home on that nice mossy floor and that I would create my vignette later.








But just as soon as I finished saying what I said, that little creature stood straight up and tried to communicate something back to me.

I got very close and listened to its attempts at communicating. It was trying very hard to tell me something but I had no idea what it could be.








I thought maybe it was asking me for something to eat or a drink. I walked away for a moment to think about what I could feed it.






When I returned there was a wondeful little surprise waiting for me. Then it made perfect sense what this little creature was trying to tell me.




She was responding to her primitive insticts and looking for the right place to rest and nest. How lucky for me that she picked my shop as her nesting place. Should I post pictures of the babies when they arrive?




20 comments:

SENTA said...

How CUTE I love it!

Kat Hannah said...

Wow! Love your narrative and your little creature. This is so very creative and special

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fun post.
Bring on the babies!!
Alison

Princess Pepper Cloud said...

Serious creativity going on in your shop!

somepinkflowers said...

ohohohoh!
what good taste
this soon-to-be mom has
to pick your sweet shop!
[[ she certainly fits right in,
don't you think? ]]

:-)

yippee
for us, too!

yes!yes!yes!...show the babies
the moment they are no longer camera~shy. oh do!

wonder how long it will take?

[[ do you think she was asking
for dill-pickles
and chocolate ice-cream?
hummm...could be... ]]

rbaird said...

Oh she's so sweet... and she found a kindred spirit in you to share her secret treasure!
Do post pictures of the little ones!

Kate said...

Very cute and creative, Debbie. Can't wait to see the babies!

Vicki Smith said...

Very clever!!! I love the story that unfolds.

Ru said...

Great story! Can't wait to see the... er... chicks?

dubuhdudesigns said...

She is darling as is the story:) She would look great in papier~mache form as well (hint hint) :)
~Christine

Jen r. said...

So cute! You're lucky, normally when little creatures follow me around like that, they have a poopy diaper that needs to be changed ;)
jen

Diana Evans said...

Hi Debbie...these photos are wonderful...love that you used her in the bird cage...how cute...she is adorable!!!

Shayla said...

Bravo! You are a wonderful story teller! Thank you for taking us into such a wonderful world of whimsy and magic.

Laura said...

Awww, how adorable, love this Deb - what a creative and clever presentation. Please do post pics of the new arrivals!

life without novacaine said...

Yes, bring out the babies. Great illo!

Jenn said...

oooooh babies!!! I can't wait to see them:) She is a precious little creature indeed and I adore her teeny wire cage:)

xoxoxo...jenn

annas dreams blog said...

Hello Debbie: Oh what a lovely and fun story, I had so much fun reading it, I can't wait to see the babies!!!. xoxo Lillian

One Crabapple said...

BABIES !!! ?

Fun story, the way you posted it ....

This is so sweet.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable. I love the little story to go with it. Your latest creations are beautiful too. I especially love the one in the peach polka dot dress.

So talented you are and so fun to see what you've been working on.

Have a great week!

Tomás Serrano said...

I´ve read Naperville is one of the best places to live in USA... I think your art shop is contributing to. I liked the story of the "little form" you found there.
Thank you for your visit.
Tomás