Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Things




Here are a few pretty spring items that I thought I would share with all of you. The cute little polka dot vase and the colorful striped pillow are both from Maine Cottage, the beautiful terrariums are from Smith and Hawkin and.................. I was finally able to get my camera working again to post the sweet flower purse that my Nonna made for me when I was 4. I just loved it when I was a mini person. She put string around the perimeter so that I could learn how to tie. I was struggling with tying my shoes and she thought that it would be a good idea to put the string on the purse for practice. It really helped, I learned how to tie my shoes in no time. What a smart Nonna! I really miss that little stinker lady. Well happy day to everyone!

11 comments:

Jackie said...

What a cute story...she sounds like a lovely lady and talented too! Your goodies are so darling and I am soooo ready for spring! Have a great day :) jackie

somepinkflowers said...

your nonna
made that sweet purse?

oh,
that melts my heart!
i so love that you still have it
and look at the great colors!


:-)

maybe
those colors inspired your art*work, your shop...
who is to say?

the reds, the yellow, the bit of green!


yes, your nonna inspired you
~*at age 4*~
to be the artist you are today!

thank you, nonna!

Diana Evans said...

oh how sweet of you to keep that purse and share it with all of us...great post...

TV de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a sweet little bag your Nonna made for you.
Love your Spring photos especially the polka dot vase
Alison

PAT said...

Debbie, I love Maine Cottage and Smith and Hawken, but most of all, I love that sweet little purse your Nonna made for you and the story that goes with it!

Pat

Jen r. said...

Love the purse.... IS this the same lady who applied old school first aid to you?? ;)
Jen R

Jenn said...

ooooh...that sweet purse!! I just love it. Things like that are absolutely priceless:) And the polkadot vase is so me...I need it;) xox..jenn

Shayla said...

That vase is precious! Thanks for the visual treats.

Kate said...

Wow, you still have this purse??!!? What a treasure! That is so wonderful Debbie, and a great accompanying story.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

what an inspirational post; filled with fun images -- also how cool is that altered book! ? !

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress