Friday, February 8, 2008

Art Sharks at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium and IF Choose


Hey everyone, guess what? My work is going to be part of the Art Shark event at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium. I'm very excited about this!! I've donated the custom piece above to the Aquarium for this Sharky occasion. She is titled "Sea Queen". I thought that they might need a Queen to keep order amongst the plethora of sharks. Anyway, my husband and I are going to the cocktail hour tonight and we'll get to mingle with the other artists and guests who are going to be there as well. The guests that have purchased tickets for the evenings event will have time to peruse the facility and scope out the original works of art that they might like to take home with them. Each couple will go home with a piece of art. Following dinner, the guests name will be chosen at random, lottery style, and they will then have 15 seconds to retrieve an artwork that they have had their eye on. It's sounds very fast paced. Hopefully everyone gets to take home one of the pieces that they were eyeing. I will try to take pictures during the cocktail hour and post them this weekend. I just hope that I don't forget my camera. We will be able to stay for the cocktail hour and then we must leave promptly at 7:00pm. Only guests who have purchased tickets for $450 will be able to stay for the entire event. Sounds like crazy fun!!! I can't wait!



I didn't think that I had anything to submit to IF this week but I came back to my post and thought, "OF COURSE!" this shark event piece fits perfectly.

I wonder who will CHOOSE my Queen of the Sea tonight?

25 comments:

PAT said...

I love the Queen, Debbie! I want to add my congratulations, also! Great job!

Pat

Kate said...

Beautiful Debbie! Congratulations!

Jackie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and you Queen is stunning! Cant wait to see pictures. Take care...Jackie

Random York said...

Way to go Debbie!!! Great work and congratulations! I was wandering around in your beautiful blog earlier today... it's like a mall for the mind!

rbaird said...

I'm sure there will be plenty who have their eye on her!
What fun you'll have tonight!

ValGalArt said...

How exciting! Please don't forget your camera, i always do that... Have a fab time and i love your choice!!!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Wow....how cool...we were at the Shedd Aquarium this past summer. What a great place.... sounds like a really fun event you'll be going to. Congrats on having your artwork there.

johanna said...

your work is amazing! and your art pieces and other stuff in your shop are beautiful! too bad i live so far away from your shop. i would've been a regular customer :(

Michelle said...

Oh Debbie!!! How very exciting!!! I wish I were there to join in on the fun with you! Congrats on being a part of such a wonderfully big event!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Blessings,
Michelle

dubuhdudesigns said...

Hope you had fun tonight..sounds like a great fundraiser! You're piece is fantastic...I can see her in 3-D form definitely!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fabulous Queen.
have a fun night.
Alison

Vee said...

She is beautiful! I hope she gets chosen.

marcisenders said...

Beautiful!

Vienna for Beginners said...

Congratulations Debbie,
I can't wait to see the pictures from the regal event! :-)

Emila Yusof said...

Pretty queen!

Teresa said...

She's adorable! Congratulations!

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous! I've been looking through your blog and I love all your work!

Jill said...

Love your queen! I'm sure someone is thrilled to have her in their home!! Hope she kept those sharks in line!

Lisa said...

That's fantastic. Congrats. I love the Shedd Aquarium and so do my kids. What a treat to have your work featured there. Good for you!

bookbabie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, I'm sure "Sea Queen" will be nabbed very quickly! I love the expression on your characters faces, they are so serene and sweet:)

Laura said...

How exciting Debbie! Your Sea Queen is so beautiful & whimsical!! I bet the event was a huge success - hope you and your husband had a great time :)

Alina Chau said...

Super NEAT!!

Debbie Egizio said...

Thank you everyone. All of your words make my heart happy! I really appreciate each of you taking the time to share you kind words with me. Thank you blog friends!!

kelly said...

oh my gosh...how exciting! and i love her. i hope that you had a grand time, i can't even imagine the opportunity of networking this
will bring you, not to mention the shear fun of it. i so want to come visit your shop. i am going to have to mapquest and see how close it is to ikea. you are too far! i just love this sea queen!

Diana Evans said...

Just popping by to see if you have a new post...so I ended up looking at some past ones...love this post......

congrats and I love this piece!!!

Cheers,
Diana