Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Art Shark Cocktail hour



Well, my husband and I went to the Shedd Aquarium Art Sharks event Friday evening for cocktail hour. We had a great time walking around, sampling the tasty treats and drinks and viewing all of the amazing art. It was great to see all of the pieces displayed around the aquarium's exhibits. In the center of the Aquarium they have a huge round tank with gorgeous fish swimming around. Various artists were positioned around the tank, painting live for the guests entertainment. One of the artists involved in the live painting was Anastasia Makarenko who I met through Sacred Art in Chicago. Sarah, the owner of Sacred Art, is the link to how we got connected with the Shedd Aquarium. If you are ever in Chicago, you have to stop in and visit her amazing store. Anyway, my husband and I walked around for a little while and then we spotted my piece hanging in one of the galleries. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my Sea Queen hanging out in the Aquarium. I think she felt right at home with all of the fish. I asked my husband to quickly take my picture with her. I didn't want to be standing there for too long because there were a lot of people walking. So he quickly took out the camera and then started playing around with it. Lots of people were walking by and some were standing there waiting for him to snap the picture. That always makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm just standing there with a smile on my face and that funny look in my eye like, are you ready?. I stood there but nothing happened. He finally held up the camera and said, "Oh well, looks like your not going to get a picture, the batteries are dead!!" I couldn't believe it!!! For once I actually remembered to bring my camera to one of these events and then it didn't have working batteries. Oh well, it makes me laugh. Even though I don't have any photo's of the event, what I do have a wonderful picture and memory of the evening in my mind! ;)
If you are interested in learning about the event, you can click on the picture above and it will take you to the Shedd Art Sharks website. Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Michelle Sylvia said...

Debbie,

It all sounds so wonderfully magical!!! I have been wanting to take the kids down there for a fun adventerous day!

I can't wait to go to Sacred Art the next time I am in the city to visit my parents! It looks so wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I will be sure to tell them that you sent me!

Many Blessings,
Michelle

Jenn said...

Hi Debbie! Your story with the camera made me laugh so hard...because that is the story of my life!! I really love your Sea Queen so much. How thrilling to be a part of such a special event. Big congrats to you!!!
xox..jenn

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments Michelle! That means so much to me.

You and your kids will love the Shedd Aquarium. They have so many wonderful exhibits.

If you are in the city you have to stop in and visit Sacred Art. It's a very cool shop. Say hi to Sarah from me if you do stop in for a visit.
She's a sweetheart!!

Hi Jenn, I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing! Thank you for kind, kind words! I was so thrilled to have been a part of that event. It really was so fun.

Jen r. said...

Oh, that's too bad. that's something I would do.....;) I'm glad you ahd a good time!
Jen R

Jackie said...

What a story....sounds like it was an amazing night! Your Queen was beautiful and I am sure who ever snatched it up will treasure it in their home! Have a great day...Jackie

Debbie Egizio said...

Hey Jen R. I know, it's too bad that I don't think to check and see if things are operating properly before I run out the door. Oh well, live and learn right? Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Jackie, It was so amazing, I really enjoyed doing something that was so out of the ordinary for us. Fun to be in that environment too. The fish are so beautiful and calming. I loved that. Thanks for your nice words to me! I hope my Sea Queen brings a smile to whoever brought her home. Take care! Deb

Vienna for Beginners said...

I am glad you had a great time, even with the lack of photographic evidence!
Please promise me that you will never ever leave the house without some spare batteries (I used rechargable AAs with my little camera, the Sony brand's batteries are a great bargain, 2 years and still working!).
Funny thing is, while I was in Florence I took my "big" camera, and one day I forget the freshly charged battery at home. I felt like I missed a day of my life, all the while lugging that big camera around. ;-)