Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pretty storage ideas and accessories

Lately I've been wondering what I should do with the old things I have and the new things that I have acquired. That questioning tells me that it's time to evaluate my treasures and re-organize some areas of my home.
Since many of us get these feelings at the beginning of the New Year, I thought I'd share some lovely ways to tidy up the home so that it can be functional and pretty at the same time.
Project and design: Debbie Egizio Photography: Brian Nightengale
Here is a fun way to dress up your bathroom and add charming artful storage to a tiny space. I took a plain Ikea storage box and painted the entire piece a neutral green color. After the paint dried, I covered the surface and all of the drawer fronts in coordinating decorative papers. I drilled holes in center of the drawers and added fun knobs in a variety of designs and sizes.


This storage solution makes it easy to reach all of your accessories when you are lacking counter space in the bathroom.



Here is a clever ribbon storage idea from the pages of Martha Stewart Living . Mount copper gutters to the wall and display your colorful rolls of ribbon for easy access.
Functional and fabulous!!



Don't hide your pretty dishes away in a cupboard. Create an artful display on a wall to show them off instead!
Botanical Dishes available at Room Service Home.


This Love birds rug by Design Public is perfect to call in the Valentine season.
Its clean design will go well with any newly organized home!

16 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Debbie, love the makeover of the Ikea drawers. They look wonderful.
Alison

Patri said...

Good Ideas!!!!!

Funky Finds said...

love the bathroom shot!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Debbie, I LOVE your ideas!!! You are up to such pure gooooodness!! I love it!!

Kate said...

Debbie, can I tour your home sometime? My jaw drops every time I see something new you have done.

Merisi said...

Oh, I could kick myself, for having given away these Ikea boxes when we moved to Vienna! You made such gorgeous hide-aways out of them. I love your color scheme, and the rug, and and and .....

ValGalArt said...

i adore your blog! it always gets my juices flowing! The drawers are incred! Love that ribbon holder too. Thanks Debbie, you brightened my morning!!!

Diane Duda said...

Great ideas, Debbie! Every One!

Di

mormar said...

I love this idea and I am planning my new bathroom...so this is what you might see later!!
thanks for stopping by my blog!

She'sSewPretty said...

I can't believe that is an IKEA shelf. What a transformation. I am working on sprucing up my house today and finding a place for my print! Thank you again!

dec0r8or said...

I love your IKEA shelf transformation, Debbie! I also adore that bird rug...I have a new fanciful addiction to all things birds. I wonder if it will replace my addiction to chairs? Hmmm...

Sandra Evertson said...

The green cabinet is Fabulous!
Sandra Evertson

Lisa said...

Love the bathroom cabinet and the pretty knobs. I'm going to keep my eye out for something like that to decorate myself.

Great project and you did a beautiful job with it.

bookbabie said...

Hey, I have a drawer full of ribbons that I can never close without a struggle, I like Martha's tip. Now all I have to do is get the hubby to build it for me:)

Perriette said...

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie! I love love love that cabinet. Seriously. You are so creative you make me dizzy. Not only is the cabinet gorgeous but it has some of my fav colors and there is a touch of Alice and the "Madame" and....I could go on. It is just perfect.

I wanna come live in your house.

Anwar said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Elaina

http://www.craigslistpostingtools.info