Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bags for sale





I was busy, busy, busy yesterday working on a couple of bags to sell this weekend. My Mom came over and helped me, of course, and what a funny team we make. I come up with the designs, she executes them and I assist her with ironing, pinning etc. etc. I'm not so fond of the sewing part, I really love designing the projects and sketching out ideas where she doesn't like the design part so much, she prefers the sewing. It's so great that we compliment each other this way and have fun in the process.
My Mom really cracks me up!! Any experience with her tends to be amusing in some way. As we were sewing she kept saying (In her Italian accent) "We are in business, partner! "
With the emphasis on PARTNER.

I kept thinking of John Wayne every time she said that. You know what I mean Partner?

Anyway we created the green bag from some vintage fabric and lined it with a contrasting, playful fabric that compliments the bag and gives it a happy surprise. I wanted to add some pretty element to the front of these to cute them up. A million ideas came to mind but I happily decided on over sized bows. I think the bows make them look playful and elegant at the same time.

It's funny that I don't even realize how my designs relate to one another. When we finished the bags, I went into my living room and saw my 2 sassy fashion girls and said "It looks like these purses were made for my two bratty girls." I guess I really like creating things that have bows.










10 comments:

robin sherwood frecklefarm said...

Hi Debbie,
Thank-you for visiting Robin Sherwood frecklefarm. Your blog is beautiful and the art is amazing!
I adore the drawings of your little girls. Would you like to link? I would love to send visitors your way
to see how talented you are.
xo
Robin

Debbie Egizio said...

Hi Robin,

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I would absolutely love to exchange links with you. Your site is so beautiful!! I put you on my list of lovely blogs.

KLKinFLA said...

Debbie,
These bags are perfect...love the rug too! Have a great weekend!

The Feathered Nest said...

The bows on the bags are very cute! Your drawings of the girls are charming, I love those big bows, reminds me of the ones I put in my daughters head when she was little!

Manuela

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely...just lovely
I also do a lot with my mother...partner
Love it

Debbie Egizio said...

Hi klkinfla (Jewel box chronicles) Thanks, so nice of you to say that about the bags. The rug is one of favorite things that I own. It'e one of those things that really makes me happy. Hope you have a great weekend as well.
Hi Feathered nest, Thank you for your nice words. Glad that the bows remind you of a sweet memory of your daughter.

Hey Gypsy Partner! Your funny! It's so awesome to be able to have a great time with Mom isn't it? Glad to hear that you share a similar experience and thank you for your postive expressions about my work.

the enigma said...

you have a very artistic eyes and hands.... great works you have!

Random York said...

Again- it's a treat to step inside your blog! A beautiful place to hide out- thank you for your comments too!

Bob's Gift To You said...

I have seen her bags in person and they are beautiful.

best wishes

bob

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks enigma so sweet of you to say. Random York, you made my day with your comment and Bob that was so incredibly nice of you to say. What a good friend. Thanks Buddy!