Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Vintage accessories






I dropped by my parents house last night for a surprise visit and while I was there my Mom decided to give me some of her beautiful evening bags. They are so amazing! I just had to photograph and post these today.
The cute little pink bag was actually one of mine, given to me by my godmother when I was 2 years old. I carried it down the aisle with me when I was a flower girl at her wedding. For years after that I played dress up and this adorable bag was always part of the ensemble. These all bring back such great memories.


6 comments:

ValGalArt said...

I love these bags! I have a beautiful collection too, you have inspired me to post mine!

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks Val, I am so glad to hear that you are going to post your collection as well. I'll be looking out for them.

Shano said...

Cute bags! These would make me happy too :)

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks Shano! There is just something about pretty handbags that make most of us girls smile.

KLKinFLA said...

Hi, me again!
Love the bags...I have a couple around my home too. The pink chest of drawers with the flower pull is amazing...did you paint it yourself?

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks KLKinFLA! I did paint the chest of drawers with the floral pull on it. It was a piece of french provincal furniture that I had in my room during my childhood. I stripped it, painted a funky melon color and added the painted floral details. Just wanted to jazz it up a bit. Thanks again for your sweet comments!