Saturday, February 24, 2007

Poncho



I know that the poncho has been making a fashion comeback these past few years. Some embrace this trend while others reject it and find it to be a fashion mistake. I actually remember wearing ponchos when I was a kid and personally was very fond of them. In fact I would say that I loved wearing a poncho and felt very fashion forward at the time.

Well anyway, in honor of this outsider fashion accessory I have a little story to share.
My Mom came over the other night and said, "I have something for you." Oh great, I thought, I assumed that she was bringing something house related because she always has a sewing project in the works and lately she's been helping me with curtains for my house. Little did I know what surprise she had waiting for me. My mom said, "I found this unfinished project in a bag of yarn that I started when you were little. I finished it this week and I bring it over." She took a little blue poncho with cute fluffy pom poms out of the bag and handed it to me and said "I made this for you. " I looked at it for a minute and smiled then I tried it on and said, "Perfect, I've been waiting for you to finish this for years."

God, she' too cute!!

So, my mom brought this little blue poncho over for me. FOR ME! I don't have kids so don't think that her intention was to give it to a child. She finished that piece for her little Debbie. So that is why I'm wearing my new/old mom made poncho. Good thing it's making a comeback.
I'll probably wear it.
You have to understand my family, they are very funny and quirky and FOREIGN and since they are not originally from this land, things get mixed up and twisted around in a very amusing way. I should really to sit down with my brother and write a book about our family and all of their crazy friends.

4 comments:

Ariel said...

That's a very cute poncho.. an coming from the land of ponchos(argentina) i can relate ;)

I think the poncho was made more for sentimental reasons don't you? But if you want to wear it out.. by alll means ;)

Thanx for your commment on my blog btw.

cheers!

Debbie Egizio said...

Hi Ariel,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I think the poncho is so darn cute and definitely agree that my Mom finished it for sentimental reasons. I kid around about wearing it out but you never know with me, I may just wear it to my next art exhibit. No, seriously I will proudly display it somewhere in my home for everyone to see. Thanks again for visiting.

kath said...

Your Mom is Soooo sweet....should we tell her you grew up?

Debbie Egizio said...

Hey Kath, I don't think she wants to believe that I grew up. I'm her little Debbie snack cake.