Sunday, February 25, 2007

Create impact by displaying flowers and plants in an unexpected manner

I found this fun idea on line at Country Living Magazine. Isn't this great? I love that they displayed these sweet little plants in a common muffin tin? It makes them look like little green cupcakes. How very clever!!


I really love when things are presented in a clever and unexpected way. So, I'm going to share a little arrangement that I created for Decorating Ideas Magazine in a segment called Artful Arrangements which was photgraphed by the talented Brian Nightengale. I used an artichoke for the container, cored it out very carefully, placed floral foam inside, cut and arranged mini spray roses and as a final touch added galax leaves around the perimeter to act as a collar. Since everyone likes a conversation starter, these two pieces are perfect for displaying at a party to get the guests talking. Hope these inspire you to display plants and flowers in a new and unique way. Have fun!

5 comments:

susan said...

don't i love that artichoke!

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks Susan for all of your nice comments to my blog! Sorry that you had trouble leaving a comment on my Illustration Friday Communication post. I have been getting lots of emails from people saying they can't comment on the blog. I'm trying to resolve this with blogger. Thanks again. I really appreciate getting word of posting problems.

Searching For a Meaning said...

How creative and inspiring too.

Really wonderful.

Debbie Egizio said...

Thanks searching for meaning! I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving such nice comments.

pascaloune said...

I discover here and I like!!! And I saw this photo!!! look here :http://ladiva.canalblog.com/albums/ceramique/photos/12873022-theiere_artichaut_n_2.html I do it myself!